Three generations!! All we are missing is my grandma! My mom came to help out just after Elayna was born. My dad was able to come along for a couple of days, too. I loved having them here to see their new grandbaby!
I know I've told you before, but I'll say it again. I love to get my hair done. There's just something about having someone else play with my hair that puts me into a hypnotic state. It's soooo relaxing, and I love the feeling of fresh, soft, just done-by-someone-else hair. It's also something that I don't do often for 2 reasons: 1) I'm lazy and don't like having to maintain my hair. 2) It can get pretty pricey. It may be because I fell into one of those hypnotic states that the following disaster occurred. I guess my first clue of impending doom should have been when my stylist decided to get her nails done. At the same time that I showed up for my appointment. Now, I'm a compassionate person, I didn't think it was a big deal, so I shrugged it off, and waited patiently for her to finish. My next sign on the road to "bad hair-dom" was when she asked the stylist next to her what colors were used on my hair previously, because she j...
UGH! This post has been a hard one for me! You all have nooooo idea. But, you'll be pleased to know that I am not going to tell you anything about something you don't want to hear. So there.
gaffe \gaf\, noun : a blunder; faux pas I'm still laughing from embarrassment. Last night we had the joy of hosting some good friends and their 4 sweet boys, who were on their way to a sportsman's show where he would be promoting his hunting/guiding business. I knew they would be hungry from traveling all day, so I made a huge pot of chili with which to fill our bellies and theirs. I carefully mixed all the ingredients together and set the food to cook in the crock-pot. The smells were divine and had our mouths watering long before it was ever finished cooking. When the time came to serve it up, the little ones were the first to be allowed to enjoy the tasty morsels in front of them. My first clue that something was amiss was Layna's coughing. I didn't think much of this because she's a picky eater as it is. But then I started noticing that all the kids kept scooping heaping spoonfuls of sour cream atop their chili mounds. They kept saying it was too spicy, but my ...
Comments